Monday 5 January 2015

Dolly Box // Review



'She turned her cant's into cans and her dreams into plans...'



For Christmas this year, I was lucky enough to receive the beautiful winter edition Dolly Box from Dolly Bow Bow. I have always loved Kate's shop and I have always wanted everything so when she released the Dolly Box I immedietly ran to mum and begged her to buy it for me for christmas. As it is a secret as to what you are going to get, she was a bit wary at first but after showing her how nice everything on the website was, she gave in and ordered it. Since other people received their box before christmas, I was very tempted to look at the hashtag on Instagram and Twitter but I am glad I waited because when I unwrapped it Christmas day, I was thrilled to bits with everything as each piece is gorgeous.  






The actual box is carefully wrapped and hand decorated with the bow ontop. When you open it, there is a message from Kate explaining the content and the meaning behind it. I think this a lovely idea as it adds something more personal to the box and even though everyone got one, I felt as though it was personal to me.





Once you lift up the pink tissue paper, there are 4 pink pouches each containing a different piece of jewellery.

Earrings

Sorry its slightly out of focus - That's what you get with an iPad camera!

The small bow earrings are one of my favourite pieces in the box because they are very wearable as they are only small and go with anything. They are silver and, being a bow, relate to Kate herself as she love bows and her shop is named Dolly Bow Bow. Normally with earrings, I struggle to wear them for long periods of time because unless I buy a very expensive pair, they irritate my ears, however I have worn these earrings for a consecutive week (taking them out for baths) and sometimes I forget I am wearing them as they are so comfortable.

Bracelet  


This dainty bracelet is rose gold and I LOVE it since I am a sucker for anything rose gold. Again I have worn this loads over christmas and plan to wear it more when I am not at school. I think its size is perfect because it means you can wear it easily and not feel like you have a bulky weight tied around your wrist and the small chain makes it a perfect addition to any outfit.

Ring


Like the bracelet, the ring is rose gold and has a similar design with the circle. As we stated in my 2015 post, I have very chubby fingers and don't like wearing rings as it draws attention to them but there are so many lovely rings that I want so midi rings are the way forward. It is not stated anywhere that this is a midi ring but it fits me to be a midi ring and I like it that way. I love how this goes perfectly with the bracelet as they are so similar and I will be defiantly wearing it a lot!

Necklace



This is the final piece of dainty jewellery that you receive in the dolly box. It is a short necklace made of gold, silver and rose gold mini triangles that form one big triangle. This would be a perfect everyday necklace as it is simple and elegant. The only problem I had with this necklace is that when it came it was badly knotted and took a lot of work to untie it (Thanks Mama!) but that is no-ones fault as it happens very easily.

Statement necklace


Last but not least; The statement necklace (aka. THE NICEST NECKLACE IN THE WORLD)
I love love love this necklace and have worn it every occasion that I could without looking too over dressed. This gorgeous necklace it white and silver making it wearable with any colour which is an added bonus. I have had so many compliments about this necklace and a few people have asked where it is from. Unfortunately this necklace is not available to buy on its own as it comes limited to the Dolly box.

The Dolly Box is £26.99 which I think is AMAZING value as the contents are worth £50. I would highly recommend it however it is now sold out on the website. I will defiantly be purchasing more Dolly Boxes when they come out as I adore them. 

Kate's Website: http://dollybowbow.co.uk

Thank you for reading!
Ta Ta for now!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment